- Category: Sussex Competitions
- Published on Wednesday, 01 September 2021 08:33
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 301
The 2021 Sussex Open (6W)
Entry via Sport80
Date: Sat 27th Nov 2021 - Sun 28th Nov 2021
*Saturday 27th November
Men's Epee Check-in 0930-1000. Competition starts at 1015.
Women's Epee Check-in 1000-1030. Competition starts at 1045.
*Sunday 28th November
Men's Foil Check-in 0900-0930. Competition starts at 0945.
Women's Foil Check-in 0930-1000. Competition starts at 1015.
Men's Sabre Check-in 1200-1300. Competition starts at 1315.
Women's Sabre Check-in 1200-1330. Competition starts at 1345.
Entry Requirements:All entrants must be aged 13 and over on the day of the competition. The correct clothing and weapons that conform to British Fencing safety standards and fencing rules. In particular, participants must have a minimum of 800N Plastron and 350N Jacket and Breeches. The Mask must have 2 securing points at the back of the head. If competing in Sabre you must wear a specific sabre glove. Wearing a cuff at sabre is not permitted.
The Sussex Open (6W) is a national open and senior ranking event - any fencer (13 and over) registered with British Fencing can enter. As a region-based event, it's a friendly medium-level competition. There are medals for the Top 4, best U18 and best Veteran. The format is: poules, followed by a direct elimination (DE). Numbers and space permitting, we try to run two rounds of poules. Plus, there is no cut - everyone progresses to the DE.
The competition will conform to British Fencing requirements on the day of the event with regards to Covid-19 as well as any additional precautions required by the British Government, leisure centre management and Sussex County Fencing Union as we see fit. We will email all entries a minimum of two weeks before the competition with the specific covid precautions and measures that will be in place for this competition.
Travel and Parking
The Triangle is located 5 minutes away from the M23/A23. The closest train station is 2 miles away and will take 7 minutes by car for those getting a taxi from the station. There is a large free car park available directly outside the venue.
Venue and Refreshments
This year we are delighted to announce that the competition will be at The Triangle in Burgess Hill for the first time giving us a larger venue with better facilities than in previous years. It has a cafe with hot/cold drinks, food and snacks available on both days during the competition. For those not competing there are numerous other facilities available at the venue for you to use.
Please see the venue website for more details - https://www.placesleisure.org/centres/the-triangle/
Entry, Cancellations and Refunds
Entry Fee - Normal Entry - £35
Late Entry - £45 - from 6th November
Terms and Conditions
Unless EXPLICITLY stated otherwise, the following terms and conditions apply to all entrants of any fixtures. In entering a fixture the entrant (or guardian of entrants) accept the following.
- All entrants must have British Fencing (BF) membership valid for the date of the event.
- BF memberships cannot be issued by the event organisers on the day of the fixture.
- Membership can be obtained online via the British Fencing website.
- The event organisers take no responsibility for any theft, loss of property or injury sustained at this fixture to any entrants.
- Entrants agree to the Sussex Fencing Union holding their personal data for the purposes of running fencing competitions, informing entrants of fencing competition information, confirming membership and club/region affiliation, as necessary. Entrants' data will not be used for any other purpose.
- Entrants agree to the Sussex Fencing Union taking pictures of entrants whilst in the sports hall. Anyone who does not want their photo to be taken at the event is to inform DT