- Category: Sussex Competitions
- Published on Monday, 20 September 2021 08:57
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 85
SUSSEX COUNTY FENCING COMPETITION
COUNTY SENIOR INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM FOIL
17 Octover 2021
Venue: Portslade Sports Centre, Chalky Rd, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 2SW
Competition entry information:
This is a CLOSED competition, so fencers should be currently affiliated to a fencing club in Sussex or have their primary residence in Sussex.
Entry is via: www.allentries.co.uk
The County Senior Foil competition is open to fencers 13 and over on the day of the competition.
Subject to numbers, a team event will also be held for both age categories. In addition, results for the Individual foil may be used in selection for County representation.
Check-in times: check-in opens 9.30 am and closes 9.45 am. Team foil will follow directly after the individual foil has concluded.
Competition licence: All competitors must have a valid national fencing licence, which will be checked before the day. Membership can be obtained via the British Fencing website.
Parking: Free car parking is available at the venue for competitors and spectators.
Refreshments: There is a coffee bar and snacks.
Equipment: In keeping with British Fencing regulations, a minimum of 350 Newton jacket, breeches and mask and 800 Newton plastron are required. The U14 events require size 2 blades (825mm). Anyone whose personal equipment fails to comply will not be able to fence.
Fees: Individual: £20 (£24 after 14 October)
Whole team: Senior £24.
**** Note: no individual entries on the day will be accepted. ****
*For the Team Foil, it is likely that some teams may be formed on the day. However, if you can have a team in advance of the event then please do send in the details. All fencers in the Team events must have a current national fencing license (British or another).
Covid information: All BF Covid-19 protocols will be implemented at this event:
1. We encourage all competitions, coaches and spectators to take a rapid-flow tests before attending the event.
2. Social distancing is to be maintained when not fencing.
3. There is to be no hand shaking after bouts. This is to be replaced with a salute.
4. Fencing clothing is to be cleaned before attending the event.
5. No fencing equipment is to be shared between competitors.
6. Temperature checks will be carried out on all persons entering the venue.